Monday, July 2, 2012

ETERNITY DOESN'T LAST

This story tormented me for over a month.
I don't know how it happened, but all of a sudden I got this weird vision of a powerful Cardinal, alone, inside an ancient Roman tower. He was afraid of something, yet it wasn't the flashing blade of an assassin or temptation which caused him to shudder at night.

I saw an owl.
An owl and a skull, precisely.
So, the ancient myth of the Roman 'Stryx' came to my mind; a creature having its roots in Greek mythology. They were called 'Nemeses' and, well, must have been Axel's personal rider (Nemesis, right?) sending me this new weird tale.
It is a story of power, weakness, eternity, and endings. It's about Oblivion and Rebirth. Something out of Lovecraft and Poe, yet with my own personal style.
My second novel, Thrill of the Hunt, is due to be published within July, at the moment its fate rests in the hands of an extremely talented editor: Natalie G. Owens.

So, I had plenty of time to develop this pastiche, an experiment in literary horror.



3 comments: