Tuesday, January 17, 2012

SPOTLIGHT ON ANGELA’S DARK POETRY - A blog interview by Jeffrey Kosh


Today I want to introduce you to a new promise in Gothic Poetry,
ANGELA CULMONE from Italy

Jeff: First of all, welcome to my blog. This is my first blog interview so please be kind. I invited you here because Gothic Poetry is a bit rare in your country. I find many of your works interesting and unsettling enough to be compatible with my writings. Now, please introduce yourself to our public –

Angela: Hi! Everyone has a dark side and through these poems I like to feel myself, a vampire. I have never done research on vampires; in fact what I write comes from my imagination and my soul. I use Facebook as a mean to let people know all my poems and share this passion.

J: What kicked you in Gothic Poetry first?

A: The passion for the creatures of hell.

J: Tell us something more on your poems –

A: My poems speak primarily of obscurity, with a dash of love and lust. Occasionally there is some vengeful thought, full of anger and desire to destroy. I think as a predator.

J: Do you work on other media or just poetry?

A: My only passion is writing.

J: What’s your favorite color?

A:  My favorite color is black because it reminds me of the darkness.

J: I'd bet on that. Do you like reading books? If so, what’s your favorite genre?

A: I like reading; in particular I read love stories, adventure, and course of vampires.

J: Besides ‘Feeding the Urge’, what’s your favorite book of ever?

A: The ‘Twilight’ saga.

J: What’s your favorite author?

A: William Shakespeare.

J: Is there anything more you would share with us?

A: I’d like to present you a creation of my daughter, Giada Culmone. She shares the same passion for writing poetry.

Mi ha iniettato il veleno più pericoloso e mortale al mondo, comunemente chiamato "Amore". L'amore è un veleno che inonda le vene, inebria il cuore con il suo soave sapore mortale, penetra in ogni particella del corpo, provoca la morte agonizzante più sensuale e graziosa dell'universo, schiavizza il cuore più selvaggio e freddo...
Quando questo veleno entrerà in circolo nelle tue vene, tesoro mio sarai fottuto. Non puoi fuggire via, puoi solo pregare di essere risparmiato da morte certa, come la vittima prega il carnefice di lasciarla andare. In alternativa potrai anche combattere, ma sarà come scontrarsi con i mulini a vento, che senso avrebbe?

The following link is to my page where my numerous poems can be found:

J: Thank you for sharing with us. My best for a popular career in poetry.

A: Thanks for the opportunity. I hope many will enjoy my creations.

Here is a sample of Angela’s poetry:

Original (Italian)
ASSOPITA DALLE TENEBRE,                                                                                                  

TU SEI LI' AD ASPETTARMI,

MOSTRANDOMI I CANINI,

PRONTO AD ASSALIRMI, RIGENERANDOTI CON LA MIA LINFA...
CON LE TUE UNGHIE GRAFFI LA MIA PELLE,
CON I TUOI BACI, LASCI IL TUO MARCHIO...
LASCIAMI IL SEGNO,
MIO AMATO IMMORTALE,
CON IL TUO SGUARDO TRAFIGGI LA MIA ANIMA,
TU SOPRA DI ME , FISSANDOMI CON OCCHI AFFAMATI,
IO RESTANDO INERME ALLE TUE LUSINGHE,
SENZA EMETTERE UN SUONO, TI SCRUTO......
AFFASCINATA DALLA TUA BELLEZZA,
E DALLE SENSAZIONI CHE LE TUE MANI GELIDE TOCCANO IL MIO CORPO, 
MI SENTO TRASCINARE DAL TUO VORTICE DI PASSIONE....
SONO NEL VARCO DELL' INFERNO,
NEL SUO ABISSO,
MA PER TE MIO AMATO,
SEGUIRTI ALL' INFERNO,
E' UN DOLCE VELENO,CHE HAI USATO PER RAPIRE IL MIO CUORE..


Translated
BENUMBED BY DARKNESS,
YOU’RE THERE, WAITING,
FLASHING FANGS,
READY TO SET ON ME, REFRESHING ON MY LYMPH …
YOUR CLAWS SCAR MY SKIN,
YOUR KISSES, LEAVING A MARK …
SO LEAVE YOUR BRAND ON ME,
BELOVED IMMORTAL,
SPELLBINDING MY SOUL AT EVERY GAZE,
OVER ME, WITH WOLF’S EYES,
I FEEL BOUND BY YOUR CHARM,
WORDLESS, I TAKE STOCK …
ENTHRALLED BY YOUR BEAUTY,
AND BY YOUR CHILLING HANDS, TOUCHING MY BODY,
I’M WISKED AWAY FROM YOUR VORTEX OF PASSION …
I’M AT HELL’S DOOR,
IN THE ABYSS,
YET, MY BELOVED,
FOLLOWING YOU TO HELL,
IT’S JUST A SWEET POISON YOU USED TO STEAL MY HEART…



IF YOU LIKED THIS INTERVIEW, PLEASE CLICK 'FOLLOW THIS BLOG' AND YOU WILL GET MORE ON ANGELA AND OTHER INTERESTING PEOPLE IN THE FUTURE. THANK YOU.

1 comment:

  1. The Gothic

    I am the poet of the dark
    cropping in cold gardens
    dead flowers
    with pale hands

    Am I being dark
    who watches the night
    with the look of a vampire
    trying to find beauty
    that lurks in every shadow

    My eyes painted black
    see what they can not
    be seen
    by mortal eyes

    I am the night mist
    ear of
    gargoyles
    the cathedrals

    I wander in the dark skies
    where the eyes of
    crows
    shine
    the magical twilight


    in the dark
    see the light
    few still
    produces
    and on earth where beings
    day
    creep
    gently with plan
    my wings
    dark angel

    My loneliness
    devours the hours
    waiting for the day is done
    to fall on me
    cover of night
    where daydream
    without arousing

    My verses written
    with blood
    runs like a warm rain
    in abandoned buildings
    where I leave the lament of a world
    ill
    recorded


    Disease left by beings
    day
    that destroy the world
    with their impious rage
    Who are the strangers?
    Or are you crazy?


    Leave me alone with my sorrow
    because the left is crying
    After all, someone needs to cry
    then
    it's me
    being of darkness
    Nosferatu

    Let me light my fire
    in the land of the dead souls
    I lie down on the tombstones cold and pies
    left by beings
    of old

    Let me sing
    dark bowels
    Close to me
    the world is sick
    maybe there is more healing
    someone needs to cry
    then it's me
    being the dark night

    Sandro Kretus

    ReplyDelete